The time has finally come to deploy Gitorious 3.0 to the gitorious.org servers. We are planning to do the upgrade the coming Monday August 26th, starting at 10:00 AM CET. We expect a smooth upgrade process, but gitorious.org may be unavailable for up to two hours while we perform the upgrade.
We will post an update to this blog post once we’ve completed the upgrade and ensured all services are working normally again. Once we have performed the upgrade we will be constantly watching the performance and fix any issues that may occur due to the upgrade. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or comment on this post if you have any questions.
If you’re curious about the changes you’ll be seeing after the upgrade, we have put up a preview site at https://v3.gitorious.org/.
- 12:04 CET: We’re almost there, but need a little more time before we open the gates. We estimate another hour of downtime
- 13:00 CET: The site is public, but dead slow. We’re hard at work taking care of the performance
- 14:05 CET: We’re back, but we have some encoding issues in our database. We will probably have to take the site offline later today to convert the data in the database.
- 14:!5 CET: We just took gitorious.org offline again while converting our database.
- 14:50 CET: We’re currently importing the database, hopefully with the correct character sets
- 16:40 CET: The character set conversion in the database didn’t work as expected, we’re currently investigating
- 18:30 CET: We seem to have been able to convert our database. Currently preparing a restore
- 18:35 CET: The database import is currently running, we expect to be back in around an hour.
- 19:17 CET: Aaand we’re back up! We will write a post mortem on what happened today tomorrow.