We just tagged and pushed v2.3 of Gitorious, containing quite a few new features and bugfixes.
Highlights from the changelog:
Kerberos, custom hooks, diagnostics, backup, bug fixes
Added support for Kerberos authentication: see
/config/authentication.sample.yml for examples on how to configure it.
New convenience commands for performing backup and recovery of
Gitorious (eg. current state of repos and database). /script/snapshot
<TARBALLPATH> snapshots, /script/restore <TARBALLPATH> restores.
Added self-diagnostics via /script/diagnose command, and
/admin/diagnostics url in web frontend. Use as aid during
troubleshooting while installing or fixing broken Gitorious instances.
Added support for shared, custom serverside hooks (eg. custom
processing during pre-recive, post-receive and update hooks). See
/data/hooks/custom*.sample for doc and usage examples.
Adds project approval workflow. If Gitorous is configured to only
allow site admins to create new projects, regular users will be
prompted to propose a new project and actual project is not created
until a site admin approves the project proposal.
Repository paths are no longer hashed/sharded by default, but stored
in plaintext format. You only need to hash/shard the git repo paths if you have so
many repositories you are in danger of hitting the “max subdirs per
directory” limit of your filesystem (say, 60k-90k subdirs under
‘repository_base_dir’). To keep sharding/hashing git repository paths,
add “enable_repository_dir_sharding: true” in /config/gitorious.yml
Other notable bug fixes and minor improvements:
* Disallowing force push disables remote tag *deletion*
* Don’t perform fragment caching with private repositories turned on
* Only allow a ssh key to be used once site-wide
* Fix error in generated ultrasphinx config file
* No longer putting repo name in git repo “description” file
* Now able to toggle site admin status on and off in /admin/users
* Use proper paths in assets:clear task
* add “status” options to centos init.d scripts
* Add client ssl certificate authentication support.
* Add option to use different hostname for cloning.
* Update outdated ubuntu script samples.
* Add option to make new projects and repos private by default.
* Use slashes instead of dashes in plain repo path, get proper paths
* Made hashed, sharded repo paths toggleable. Non-sharded is the new
* Only render “manage read access” link if private repos are enabled
* Added lock icon for private project view (repo list)
* Fixed bug #102, message recipients autocomplete works again.
* randomize database password for external auth users
* Added lock icon to private projects/repos and manage access button
* Added capability for user to delete own account.
* Update to latest version of capillary.rb
* Fixed LDAP error that occurs when a user’s mail entry is not the
first record returned from the LDAP search in auto_register
* Added extra path thing for Ruby 1.9
* Pass some more data to LDAP callback classes
* substitute will_paginate by render_pagination_links, which fixes
left or right text brackets on Previous and Next buttons
* Make sure event for collaborator removal lists the actual “destroyer” user
* Tweaked commiter removal feedback message (see bug report #64)
* Make sure top commit is selected by default in merge request page.
* Fixed user admin check for diagnostic page
* Terms of service label in openid builder dialog now clickable.
* OpenID login “remember me” checkbox label now clickable like regular