SSH public key issues

Some users have reported problems pushing to gitorious.org the last couple of days (Permission denied). Because of this we have just now re-generated the SSH public key repository on gitorious.org. The issue should be resolved by this.

If you still have problems, contact support at gitorious.org. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

28 Comments

1. Posted July 17, 2010 at 6:26 am | Permalink

i have the problem with using it before, but has solved it yet

2. Posted July 22, 2010 at 4:51 pm | Permalink

That’s an excellent move men.I admire that! Yeah that’s the solution maybe others can adjust on that.

Angelas Backlinks is the most popular link building packet on the Internet.

3. Posted July 30, 2010 at 4:24 pm | Permalink

The ssh server seems to be broken for everyone right now. Devs in 4 different countries are all unable to pull or push to any repo — existing or re-cloned.

4. Posted July 30, 2010 at 4:51 pm | Permalink

All our developers get the following error:

ssh: connect to host gitorious.org port 22: Bad file number
    Pushing to git@gitorious.org:joomleague/joomleague.git
    fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly

5. Posted July 30, 2010 at 6:22 pm | Permalink

Hello Guys,

I’m got the error:

noosfero$ git fetch gitorious
    ssh: connect to host gitorious.org port 22: Connection refused
    fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly

6. Posted July 30, 2010 at 6:34 pm | Permalink

Everyone is having problems yet gitorious is remaining completely silent about the issue. Is it really that hard to say “Hey, there’s a problem with our ssh servers, we don’t know what the problem is yet but we are working on it”? This non-response gives me the impression that either A) they are afraid to admit there is a problem as they do not know the cause. Or B) They don’t actively maintain the site and actually aren’t aware of the problem yet.

7. []\/[]aggSta
    Posted July 30, 2010 at 8:42 pm | Permalink

I agree :(

8. Peter
    Posted July 30, 2010 at 10:27 pm | Permalink

Same here, can’t fetch:
    $ git remote show gitorious
    ssh: connect to host gitorious.org port 22: Connection refused
    fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
    $

9. Lulzfish
    Posted July 31, 2010 at 2:27 am | Permalink

“connection refused”

Same here, maybe it’s time I just installed a git repo on my server, I’m the only person working with my projects anyway.

10. teika
    Posted July 31, 2010 at 7:13 am | Permalink

Me neither. Last time I pushed was 17 July, but now even “clone” fails.
    ——————————-
    $ git clone –depth 1 git@gitorious.org:sawfish/sawfish.git
    Initialized empty Git repository in /tmp/sawfish/.git/
    ssh: connect to host gitorious.org port 22: Connection refused
    fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly

11. ala
    Posted July 31, 2010 at 8:02 am | Permalink

Since yesterday I get this:

ssh: connect to host gitorious.org port 22: Connection refused
    fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly

Can’t push or pull.

• ala
      Posted July 31, 2010 at 12:10 pm | Permalink

Well, it seems OK now. Thanks!

12. Posted December 1, 2010 at 4:59 pm | Permalink

It worked for me. They must have fixed it.

commercial roofing

13. Posted January 29, 2011 at 7:47 pm | Permalink

I really enjoy this website. Wewish I could come here all the time. Please keep on posting more stuff!

14. dgento
    Posted February 10, 2011 at 2:40 pm | Permalink

when I try to connect git repo after running pageant in background by loading private key and run git clone gitolite@dev.mysite.com:dev.com.git

I get error like

ssh:connect to host ….. port 22 : Bad file number fatal : the remote end hung unexpectadely

Can somebody help me out?

Thanks in advance!

15. Marius Mathiesen
    Posted February 11, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Permalink

@dgento: You’ll probably have better luck on the mailing list than here: http://groups.google.com/group/gitorious

16. Posted February 25, 2011 at 12:32 am | Permalink

Thank you for your post – I will be coming back often. :)

17. Posted May 23, 2011 at 8:11 am | Permalink

Thanks for informing us. Will be back for more.

18. Yousha
    Posted September 8, 2011 at 11:26 am | Permalink

gitorious.org is not user friendly!

• Marius Mathiesen
      Posted September 13, 2011 at 5:47 am | Permalink

@Yousha: Sorry to hear you feel that way. If there are any specific things you find difficult, feel free to share with us; either at the mailinglist (http://groups.google.com/group/gitorious) or by email to support at gitorious.org.

19. Aseem
    Posted November 27, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Permalink

I can see the problem again!

20. Posted January 24, 2012 at 12:20 am | Permalink

Thank you for alerting us to the reason for the error message. thanks for the update.

21. Posted January 24, 2012 at 3:39 pm | Permalink

All seems fine at the gitorious.org site. Thanks for the quick fix.

22. Marcin
    Posted June 29, 2012 at 2:53 pm | Permalink

Very often getting this:

ssh: connect to host gitorious.org port 22: Connection refused

23. VIctor Cubas
    Posted August 10, 2013 at 2:17 pm | Permalink

I can’t solve this =( HELP!

$git push origin master
    Permission denied (publickey).
    fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly

24. Viktor
    Posted October 28, 2013 at 4:16 pm | Permalink

# git clone git://gitorious.org/+wkhtml2pdf/qt/wkhtmltopdf-qt.git wkhtmltopdf-qt
    Initialized empty Git repository in /root/wkhtmltopdf-qt/.git/